WEDDING DAY MAKEUP AND FRAGRANCE

Several of you requested that I do a special feature on what my picks were for my wedding day makeup and fragrance.  Being a makeup and fragrance blogger, you know I have more of both than I could possibly use in a lifetime!  Below I'll explain what I picked and why.  (My choices were also based on the weather.  For my wedding day, the weather was hot, humid, with intermittent torrential rain.)

 

FRAGRANCE

Originally, I had planned on wearing Amouroud Dark Orchid which is a lovely woody floral.  With the weather being so oppressive, I felt that the heavy, yet sexy, drydown would be a bit too much.  Instead I opted for Alaia Paris Alaia Eau de Parfum Blanche, a floral woody musk.  The fragrance is a lovely lighter, flirty one that was well-suited for the weather and the occasion.  

MAKEUP

FACE
Primer (not pictured):  Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum - This has been my go-to primer of late.  I know many of you love the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer but when I tried that, it simply did not play well with my normal skin.  The Veil Primer actually made my normal skin dry and did not work with the foundations in my rotation.  The Hourglass Serum, only requires a very tiny bit to cover the entire face and seems to blur away imperfections.  It works well under any foundation I use it with.  This primer is also vegan.

Foundation: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (Shade 4):  This is the foundation I reach for most often.  While it is medium-full coverage, I typically apply it with a light hand and my IT Foundation Brush.  The foundation wears on me all day with fading, settling into lines, or oxidizing.  The finish on my is a healthy natural looking one.

Under Eye Concealer: IDUN Minerals Perfect Under Eye (Shade Extra Light):  This may just be a holy grail under for me.  I use this shade as it is somewhat lighter than my natural complexion.  Not only does it hide the pigmentation I have under my eyes from freckles, it also has light reflecting qualities that blue everything to perfection.

Under Eye Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Shade Ethereal Light):  Ethereal Light is a sheer, cool, white opalescent powder that mimics a moonlight glow.  This powder does not settle into fine lines and helps to further diffuse any imperfections.

Setting Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder:  I used this powder for the very first time on my wedding day.  Things could have gone horribly wrong since I had not yet tested it!  I was a little concerned as the powder seems to have a yellow cast in the packaging.  I dusted this on all over my face to set my foundation.  Not only was it completely translucent, but it kept everything looking fresh all day despite the weather.  I was very impressed.

EYES
Primer (not pictured):  Fenty Pro Filt'r Amplifying Eye Primer - This is a new fav of mine.  I just tap on a tiny bit with the doe foot applicator and then blend it with a finger.  The primer is fairly tacky.  It applies a beige but sets completely transparent.

Eyeshadow: RealHer I Feel Beautiful Shadow Palette - This is one of my holy grail shadow palettes.  you can read my mini review and see my swatches of this product here: https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/03/brand-realher-product-realher-play-book.html
You can also save 15% on your RealHer purchase with my Code BINX15
The shadows lasted all day without creasing or fading in yesterday's terrible weather.  I went for a soft, pretty look and used shades: Perfect, Gorgeous, Stunning, Impeccable, and Enchanting. 

Eyeliner: Top Lashline - bareMinerals Round the Clock Intense Cream-Glide Eyeliner (Shade 6:00 PM).  This shade is a dark violet shade.  I usually use a darker shade on my top lashline to help bring out my eyes.  The dark violet, complimented both my eye look and my green eyes.  You can read my review and see my swatches of this product here:  https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/02/brand-bareminerals-product-round-clock.html

Eyeliner: Bottom Lashline - Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Shade Ether) - This shade is a pale smoky gray shimmer with violet and fuchsia micro-sparkle.  It was the perfect compliment to the shadow look while also adding a bit of brightness under my eyes.

Mascara: RealHer Eye Am Beautiful Mascara - This is a newer product from the brand.  I love how the product makes my puny lashes look thicker and luxurious!  I will be posting a review of this product soon.  (15% off for the brand is BINX15)

CHEEKS
Contour (not pictured): Illamasqua Gel Sculpt (Silhouette) - This is my holy grail non powder contour product.  The shade is buildable and blendable and creates a natural contour shadow.  You can read my review and see my swatches of this product here: https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/06/brand-illamasqua-product-gel-sculpt.html

Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (Shade Mood Exposure):  I am in love with the Hourglass blush products.  Mood Exposure is a pretty buildable plum that works well with my fair-light neutral skintone to give a healthy color..  You can read my review and see my swatches of this product here: https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/07/brand-hourglass-cosmetics-product_24.html

Highlighter: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (Shade Ethereal Glow):  Yes, I know that technically this is a blush but on me this one works best as a highlighter.  Paired with Mood Exposure, the duo looks glowy and very pretty.  You can read my review and see my swatches of this product here: https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/07/brand-hourglass-cosmetics-product_30.html

LIPS
Urban Decay Cosmetics: Vice Lipstick (Shade Rebel):  This is an older UD shade but one of my favs.  It is a metallized mauve nude-pink.  You can see my compare of this shade here: https://binxcatsmakeupgallery.blogspot.com/2018/03/brand-urban-decay-cosmetics-product_29.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog