Brand: Linda Hallberg Cosmetics

ProductEnchanted Secrets Palette

Shades:
Moonwake: purple/blue

Ethereal: green/brown
Zephyr: pink/blue
Orphic: dark grey/turquoise







Brand Picture
CRUELTY FREE
VEGAN
PERFUME FREE
WET/DRY

Binxcat's Musing:  I desperately wanted this palette when I saw the brand swatches.  "What a gorgeous duochrome palette" I thought.  I ordered it, shipping was fast, and opened it to swatch.  I've been a blogger and makeup lover for many years.  I'm no stranger to swatching product.  BUT as you can see, the palette swatched terribly.  My top two pics represent brush swatching dry (using the BEST of 3 different kinds of brush swatch results).  My bottom three pics are swatching using a foiling spray.  I was so disappointed and assumed I had received a bad batch.  I mean, there was no way the palette was this bad!  I reached out to the brand since I didn't want to represent the quality based on a bad batch.  Below is the email correspondence:

Hello there!


Im so sorry for the late feedback. It´s been a long weekend here :)
About the palette that you asked about. These shades are best if you use fingers or a damp brush to apply them. 
They are sheer so that you can build them up. I also noticed that it is really hard to capture the colors on pictures.
The shades look amazing on top of other shades. My personal favorite is to put them over a dark base :)

Best regards
Linus

2018-04-20 23:03 GMT+02:00 >:
Hi.

It seemed really odd to me too.  I tried using 2 kinds of Urban Decay shadow brushes and Wayne Goss shadow brushes.  I did not try swatching with my fingers.  I've attached the rough swatch pic.  The top 2 pictures are swatched with the brushes (multiple passes), dry, no primer.  The bottom 3 are swatches with the same brushes but using a foiling spray first; also multiple passes.  As I said, it just didn't seem right.  Especially since your crayons perform so well.  I thought maybe there was an overspray or something and had thought to maybe try scraping the top layer off and try swatching again but I reconsidered and decided to ask first.  I am holding back on posting the swatches because I feel that they don't represent your brand quality. 


Follow Me on Twitter and Instagram: @Binxcat4ever



From: Linda Hallberg - Customer Service <friends@lhcosmetics.com>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 4:08 PM
To:
Subject: Re: LH Cosmetics "Question re palette"
 
Hello there!

Thank you for your email!
That sounds weird. What kind of brushes have you used? Have you tried to swatch with your fingers? Could you please send me the photos?

Best regards
Linus

2018-04-20 20:36 GMT+02:00  <wordpress@lhcosmetics.com>:
From:
Subject: Question re palette

Message Body:
I was wondering whether there was something wrong with the Enchanted Secrets Palette I received.  I have a blog and when I swatched the palette with a brush, there was almost no pigment whatsoever.  I tried 3 different kinds of brushes.  I got some pigment using a foiling spray.  I know that the duochrome isn't supposed to be super saturated but I did expect some color.  I'd be happy to send you my pictures - I have not posted them yet (in case I received a defective palette).

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on LH Cosmetics (http://lhcosmetics.com)



I TRIED to give the brand a chance  but, as you can see, they failed to stand by their product.  In an effort of good faith anyway, I did try to test wear the palette shades by applying using my fingers.  I got very, very little pigment and what i did get was completely gone in less than 2 hours.

Based on my experience, and the fact that I honestly believe the palette I received was a bad batch, and the fact that the brand didn't even offer to replace it, I cannot comfortably order from the brand in the future.  This makes me sad as I feel that the crayons I received were superb.

Brand Description:  Like hypnosis, this palette turns everything into magic. Use them on their own or add them on top of any look  – let’s keep this our little secret.


Enchanted Secrets Duochrome Palette is a duochrome lovers dream come true. With four color shifting shadows that can be used wet and dry, it’s the perfect tool for creating the most dreamy, but also powerful effects. Use them on their own for a sheer look or add them on top of other colors to create some true magic. Try to apply them on top of other products with a damp brush…  yep, that’s when the true magic happens!

Enchanted Secrets Duochrome Palette is hands down one of our most unique creations. A multifunctional palette that allows you to create the most enchanted looks you never thought were possible. This palette contains four magical shades that shifts in different colors, inspired by all the beautiful colors in nature. The colors appear different depending on the light, and/or on what base they’re applied on.

Use the shadows with a dry brush for a sheer and delicate look. If you apply them with a damp brush you will maximize the duochrome effect and if you apply them with a damp brush on top of our Crayons, you will experience true magic.
And as always, Enchanted Secrets Duochrome Palette is 100% multifunctional and 100% bound to no rules. Duochrome eyes, lips, eyebrows, face, body or hair? YOU are the creator!

We want to simplify your everyday routine by giving you one product that can do it all, and at the same time spark your creativity by offering a multiuse palette with infinite possibilities. And of course, without testing it on any animals or adding them in into our formula – cruelty free & vegan baby!

The pictures doesn’t really do the palette any justice, watch our video to see its true beauty by clicking here! And if you’re looking for awesome multifunctional brushes & tools to play along with the palette, click here.

HOW TO USE
Use the colors for your face, lips, eyes, brows, cheeks, décolletage and body – you are the creator.
Use the colors wet or dry.

Ingredients:

MOONWAKE:   
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthangum, Pent Aerythrityl, Tetra-D1-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tin Oxide, Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 77491( Iron Oxides).

ETHEREAL           
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthangum, Pent Aerythrityl, Tetra-D1-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tin Oxide, Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 77491( Iron Oxides).

ZEPHYR
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthangum, Pent Aerythrityl, Tetra-D1-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tin Oxide, Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 77491( Iron Oxides).

ORPHIC
Mica, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 7749l, Cl 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog